Get more information .
Meet up and nominate an inspirational woman
We are making it simpler for everyday Victorians to determine their achievements by nominating them for Australian Honours.
Victorian ladies express gratitude
In September 2019, recipients for the 2019 Queen’s Birthday Honours had been presented making use of their purchase of Australia medals, because of the Governor at formal ceremonies at national home, Melbourne.
You can find plenty exemplary ladies in our everyday lives whoever efforts enrich their communities and Australian culture as a whole. You realize one. Most of us do. Yet a lot of ladies don’t believe these are typically worth recognition, or they will have occasions when they question on their own. We talked with ladies recipients of this Queen’s Birthday Honours and had been amazed that also these remarkable females had experienced syndrome that is imposter. We asked these ladies just just what imposter syndrome way to them and just why recognition things.
In April 2019, recipients of this 2019 day that is australian were served with their purchase of Australia medals, by the Governor at official ceremonies at Government home, Melbourne.
Nominations for Australian Honours are anonymous and recipients aren’t notified of whom their nominator is. We asked a few of these recipients to thank their nominator, highlight the direct website link between nominations of women and prizes for females, and also to encourage more people in the general public to nominate outstanding Victorian females.
About Australian Honours
Your order of Australia recognises people whoever actions have actually enriched our culture. Anybody can nominate.
Susan Alberti AC – philanthropist and businesswoman
Susan had been recognised in 2016 as being a friend associated with Order of Australia (AC) for eminent solution into the community.
Muriel Bamblett AO – Aboriginal son or daughter welfare advocate
Muriel received Australian Honours on her behalf work with changing child that is aboriginal in Victoria and Australia.
Karen Livingstone AM – Wellness advocate
On Australia Day 2019, Karen Livingstone received an associate regarding the purchase (AM) on her advocacy work with ladies’ wellness.
Tricia Malowney OAM – human and disability liberties advocate
Tricia advocates for equal https://brightbrides.net/puerto-rico-brides use of justice and health for females with disabilities.
Do you know a girl whom deserves more recognition?
Just 30% of nominations for Australian Honours are for females. You want to change that. Discover how.
Just how to nominate
- All nominations are private – you must not inform your nominee that you’re nominating her.
- It may take 1 to 2 years for the Secretariat to decide whether or not to award an Honour to the nominee after you have submitted the nomination. You shall be notified in any event.
- There is no need to publish an essay: bullet points are a simple method to list your nominee’s achievements.
- Referees should consent to offer the nomination, nevertheless they need not compose such a thing within the submission that is initial they’ll be contacted by the Council for the purchase of Australia if needed.
- Nominations could be finished as a combined group, which could make collecting the data you want easier.
All you need to get going, including a message template for calling referees and test associated with the nomination kind with recommendations.